Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hey, it's been awhile!

So life has gotten slightly busy and I've put off the blogging thing for awhile, but I figured after my backpacking trip and before school starts next week is a good time as ever to add another addition to my blog!

I'm now in week 4 of my training and it's getting a bit more difficult, but nothing I can't handle.  I took last week off to go on a backpacking trip in the Porcupine Mountains with my boyfriend and our best friend Cody.  We did 19 miles in 5 days which I thought was pretty good for one first timer and someone who hadn't gone backpacking in 8 years.  They were good sports :)  Since I'm so in love with that park, I have to post some photos before I talk more about running:

First day of the trip after driving for 6 hours. Excited for the trail ahead!

The boys super excited that our second site had rock chairs. Oh, and it was right on Lake Superior :)

Lily Pad Lake on the last day.  I progressively took less pictures as the trip went on unfortunately, but still gorgeous

So after we got back Thursday night I had a rest day Friday and could not motivate myself to run 7 miles Saturday, so I pushed it to Sunday and skipped my first rest day this week.  This lack of rest is reminding me how important keeping to the schedule is since my hip is starting to bother me a little bit.  Aleve liquid gel and ibuprofen are keeping my joints at bay.  I feel like I've accomplished so much in just a month nonetheless.  I ran 7 miles Sunday and ran 6 yesterday and didn't feel like death, but rather refreshed.

I have officially run 68 miles since having started my training!!

Tonight I'm just running a 3 miler FINALLY outside.  The past 3 workouts have been on Anytime Fitness' treadmills since it's been at least 95 degrees with ridiculous humidity.  Since it's currently nighttime, my best friend Angela has offered to ride her bike alongside me so I don't get attacked.  She's pretty much amazing.

I think my hips will be very thankful for my cross training day tomorrow and a rest day after that.  I've been upping my stretching during the day too when I think about it, so hopefully my body will get over itself and just work with me ;)

Anxious to see how well the training schedule will go once school starts next week Tuesday.  I've planned my schedule so I don't workout on the days I have 8am class.  I'm in my last year and luckily get to only have class 3 days a week! Most of the days are super long, but less driving on my part and time to sleep in and work Monday and Friday!  

1 comment:

  1. So Proud of you Erin!... you are so beautiful and a great person...

    ReplyDelete