Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Blue Mound State Park Weekend Backpacking Trip!

Today officially marks my 8th day of my Round 3 Whole30! Yay! The best part about doing these back-to-back is I don't have the tiredness/crankiness that is usually associated with the first week.  Since ya know, my body isn't withdrawing much from regular sugar consumption.  I'm running on 6 hours of sleep and I'm actually doing better than I expected.

I've been pretty diligent about my workout routine as well! My goal is to be more active, at least 30 minutes a day, and if I get a hard workout in that will burn some calories, THE BETTER!  My run on the treatmill yesterday (it's too hot/humid for me to be running outside at 4pm) went really well too.  I was running a lot faster than I had been just a few months ago and I kept the incline higher than I did a few months ago as well.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm 25 lbs lighter, my diet has changed, or a combination of both.  Either way, I was feeling pretty darn good about myself as I was sweating like a pig afterward ;)  I'm looking forward to some cross-training at home after work.

Now for the original topic at hand, my backpacking trip this weekend! Since I started working my big girl job, I've felt very disconnected with nature and real camping.  I used to go on a backpacking trip every year since I started, and that has been put to the wayside for other things.  I am going on a backpacking trip in October with my significant other, but I just cannot wait that long.  As a young person, I don't have much PTO, so I decided a weekend trip would fit my needs for now.

I am really excited to go to Blue Mound State Park!  Not only is it part of the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, but their hiking looks fantastic.  Their trails have hilariously pun-ny geology names such as "Holy Schist", "Basalt & Pepper", and "Gneiss & Smooth" that is just the icing on the cake for me.  Although I love backpacking, that does create a predicament for me since I am mid-Whole30.  Usual meals consist of things such as oatmeal, noodles, and rice.

So I took to the internet!  I was extremely delighted to find the blog, Backcountry Paleo - AIP and paleo sustenance for the adventurous life, which was a lifesaver!  I am so excited to try making some of her dehydrated meals when I have more time.  Until then, I bought some Paleo Meals To Go for dinner and came up with a simple breakfast/lunch routine that I think can work for two days:

Breakfast
·         Pickled eggs
·         Nuts (almonds/pistachios)
·         Freeze dried fruit (Aldi)
·         Freeze-dried veggies
·         Coffee/tea
Lunch/Snacks
·         Tuna
·         Nuts
·         Dehydrated fruit
·         Freeze-dried veggies
Dinner
PaleoMeals To Go (Summit Savory Chicken & Beef Stew)

I'm looking forward to a beautiful weekend in nature to relax and hike!



No comments:

Post a Comment